Friday, March 1, 2013

Black and White


This has been bothering me lately…

People watch a movie or two…read an article, a blog post, or some other form of media and determine they should attempt being vegan.



Some folks last days, weeks, months, and others years…before deciding that they can no longer go without chomping the flesh, wearing, or slathering on the byproducts of this planet’s beings.

How can you decide in an instant that exploiting and killing animals is wrong, and the next scarf down a double bacon cheeseburger?

Does that mean if someone drinks a glass of non-dairy milk at noon that they were vegan?

Does that mean if I stand up and dance that I’m a dancer? And when I sit back down that my stint as a dancer has ended…that I tried “dancing?”

If I hold a torch over my head, wear a crown and a moo-moo of sorts that I am a Statue of Liberty?

If you join a gym and work out a few times does that make you an athlete?

HOT TIP: The answer to all of these is NO.

There is a difference between begin vegan and eating a vegan diet. There is a difference between eating a plant-based, whole-foods diet and being vegan. There is a difference between living a life without the needless destruction of this earth and its beings and buying kale chips as a snack.


I just don’t think it is something you can “try”…It is black and white.  


No comments:

Post a Comment