Thursday, August 2, 2012

SCRAMBLE

On weekends I make scrambles…I never really looked up what a scramble is supposed to include…how to do it, or what other people might expect when I say, “Look at this tasty scramble I made!!” Sooooo below is how I scramble…

¼ Block of Tofu
Use This Stuff

1 Tsp Nutritional Yeast
Hawt Sauce
Garlic Powder

¼-1/2 Tsp Turmeric

Salt

Pepper

Non-Dairy Milk (if you don’t know by now that I don’t care which kind you better go back and read some posts)

Your favorite (or available) scramble-able veggggggies

Heat a pan over medium heat

Cut your veggies
Bell Pepper, Asparagus, Broccoli, Onion...


Add them to the hot pan, let ‘em sweat. I like my vegetables crisp…Just after they turn the brighter color.


In a small bowl smash the hell out of that ¼ block ‘o’ tofu

Add a splash of non-dairy milk

Add S&P, Turmeric, Garlic Powder, Hot Sauce, and Nutritional Yeast.

Uh, Mix it together.
Smashed and Mixed...


Add it to the pan. SCRAMBLE everything around…?





Scrambled...?



When it is all hot and you are satisfied with the cooked-ness of the vegetables and the tofu move it to a bowl or plate and eat it…

I like to pile it on toast if I’m feeling carb-tastic. FOOD!
I just ate it out of this bowl...No Toast.


If your siblings/roommates/random friends don’t like tofu or are lame make them pancakes because you love them.










Enjoy your weekend…I went to the Farmers’ Market and Rose Garden in Washington Park.


Then I ate this Falafel. Good Weekend.
It was SCHA-MAZING!

No comments:

Post a Comment